Kylie Minogue – All I See (MARK!s Latin House Radio Mix)
Lil’ Kim – Respirator
M.I.A. – 10 Dollar
Culture Club – I’ll Tumble 4 Ya (US 12” Mix)
Katy Perry – Ur So Gay
Missy Elliott – Lick Shots (Chew Fu H=H Fix)
Jaydee – Plastic Dreams (Radio Edit)
Salt ‘N’ Pepa – Shoop (Guru Remix)
Bob Marley – Sun Is Shining (ATB Club Mix)
May 25, 2008
Leave a Comment
April 12, 2008
Leave a Comment
New feature!! Saturday I’ll be talking about my favorite covers. And combining my love/obsession with music and comics into one post. So I’ll show off one of my favorite comic covers, and then share with you one or two of my favorite cover songs. How fun!? Our first cover is from a few years back and features motormouth Deadpool pursuing the camp-tastic Dazzler… on skates!
Bjork & PJ Harvey – Satisfaction (Live)
An awesome collaboration between 2 of the most bad ass ladies in modern music. It’s a bout 10 years old now, but they still tear this one up!
Blue – Get Down On It (Ft Lil’ Kim)
And a fun pop cover of the Kool & The Gang classic by some UK boyband that has probably broken up at this point plus some raps from Lil’ Kim. ANd you know how much I love her!!
February 20, 2008
Leave a Comment
My love affair with Robyn continues. I thought the remixes of her new single were hot, and then I finally herd the sublime original. Wow!!
And to follow-up on a post about the excellent new Snoop Dogg single. I got a better copy of the Lil’ Kim remix, that is unedited. So it’s full on filth!
Snoop Dogg & Lil’ Kim – Sexual Eruption (Remix)
February 19, 2008
Will Smith is probably a surprising choice. But actually he fits the bill on both choices for hottie of the week. He’s had a pretty successful recording career, plus a booming movie career, which included roles in the Men in Black films, which were adapted from comics. While he is kind of cheesy, he gets hotter as he get older, and as the workout scene in ‘I Am Legend’ proved… Mr. Smith is smokin’ hot.
While his movie have ranged from allegedly good (Pursuit of Happyness) to actually good (Six Degrees of Separation) to popcorn (I Robot/Bad Boys), his career doesn’t show any signs of slowing. His music career fell to the wayside, but he debuted as the Fresh Prince of the rap scene, and made hits through most of the 90’s, shooting for family friendly rap, which is a rarity. Anyway… he’s hot. So check him out!
Will Smith & Lil’ Kim – Da Butta
Will Smith – Summertime (Hybrid QB Edit)
Will Smith vs The Zutons – Switch Signs (DJ Master One Mash-Up)
Will Smith – Miami
Will Smith – Parents Just Don’t Understand
Oh. And he gets NSFW in a few movies.
February 10, 2008
Leave a Comment
School prevented me from going overboard on the Grammy coverage this year. So in hot anticipation of this year’s ceremony in just 2 hours (and the first time I’m eating pasta in 2008), here’s my quickie run-down of who I call to win in the categories I’m concerned with. We’ll see how right I am…
UPDATE 2/11/08: How’d I do? Updates in bold.
Record of The Year:
Umbrella – Rihanna Rehab – Amy Winehouse
Album of The Year:
Graduation – Kanye West River: Joni Letters – Herbie Hancock
Song of the Year (Songwriter’s Award): Amy Winehouse – Rehab
Best New Artist: Amy Winehouse (and to celebrate she’ll OD and die…)
Best Female Pop:
Say It Right – Nelly Furtado (longshot) Rehab – Amy Winehouse
Best Male Pop: What Goes Around… – Justin Timberlake
Best Group Pop: Makes Me Wonder – Maroon 5
Best Collabo Pop: Gone Gone Gone – Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Best Pop Vocal Album: Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
Best Dance Recording:
Don’t Stop The Music – Rihanna LoveStoned – Justin Timberlake
Best Dance Album:
† – Justice We Are The Night – Chemical Brothers
Best Rock Solo:
Timebomb – Beck Radio Nowhere – Bruce Springsteen
Best Alternative Album:
Volta – Bjork Icky Thump – White Stripes
Best Female R & B: No One – Alicia Keys
Best Male R & B:
Woman – Raheem DeVaughn (Big up Baltimore!!) Future Baby Mama – Prince
Best Group R & B:
Hate That I Love You – Rihanna & Ne-Yo Disrespectful – Chaka Khan & Mary J. Blige
Best Urban Alternative: Daydreamin’ – Lupe Fiasco & Jill Scott
Best R & B Album: Funk This – Chaka Khan
Best Rap Solo: Stronger – Kanye West
Best Group Rap: Southside – Common & Kanye
Let It Go – Keyshia Cole, Missy Elliott, & Lil’ Kim Umbrella – Rihanna & Jay-Z
Best Rap Album:
Finding Forever – Common Graduation – Kanye West
Hairspray Love (The Beatles)
Best Song for a Movie:
Song of the Heart – Prince (Happy Feet) Love You I Do – Dreamgirls
Producer of the Year:
Timbaland Mark Ronson
Dirty South Benny Benassi
Best Musical Show Album: Spring Awakening!!
February 6, 2008
As if his new TV show wasn’t entertaining enough, Snoop Dogg’s new single is hot as hell. Throw in some dope remixes. I’m in love!
Snoop Dogg – Sensual Seduction (Remix ft Lil’ Kim)
Snoop Dogg – Sensual Seduction (Fyre Remix ft Robyn)
Snoop Dogg – Sensual Seduction (Wideboys Remix Edit)
Snoop Dogg ft Pharrell – Beautiful ***Bonus Flashback Track!!
February 1, 2008
Leave a Comment
1. Kylie Minogue – 2 Hearts: I’m reserving ‘X’ to be the best album of 2008, since it doesn’t get released in the US until then. However this song was everything I never hoped it would be. Kylie known for her cutting edge dance-pop, kicked off her new project with a glam rock dancefloor stomper, that the first time I heard it I thought,
what the fuck? And then every time since that I’ve been singing and rocking (and WOOing) along.
2. Rihanna – Umbrella: This song had 1 of the most unique vibes for any R & B/pop song this year. With all the guitars and noise, it was either gonna tank miserably, or become unescapable. Too bad she followed it up with ‘Shut Up & Drive’.
3. Beyonce – Get Me Bodied: I’m a sucker for a good party song. And this isn’t just a good party track, it’s 1 of the best ever.
4. Justin Timberlake – What Goes Around…: I loved this songs for personal reasons, but also because it’s 1 of the most well-crafted breakup anthems ever. And then when the interlude kicks in about 4 minutes into it… chills down my spine!!
5. Timbaland – The Way I Are: Poor grammar choices aside, Timbo KILLED it with this 1. It’s like a bunch of robots had a dance party in the middle of the hood. And this was the soundtrack.
6. M.I.A – Boyz: This song works me on so many levels. World music meets hip-hop meets gay runway meets Baltimore club meets dance. Then they have an orgy. And this song is the baby.
7. Kanye West – Stronger: Out of nowhere, everyone’s favorite rapper tapped an unlikely host for a sample. Daft Punk. The results? MAGIC!
8. Amy Winehouse – Rehab: The first 10,000 times I heard it, it was cute, unique, & catchy. And then radio picked it up. And it’s taken me months to enjoy the song again.
9. Tori Amos – Bouncing Off Clouds: Despite my mixed feelings on the album, this song is a career highlight for the crazy redhead I love so much. If only some remixes were cut for this song, it could have reached even higher heights.
10. Eve – Tambourine: The album may never get released at this point, & apparently this song underperformed? Apparently the powers that be don’t live in Baltimore, because everyone I know loves this song, & barely an hour went by without it being on the radio.
11. Bjork – Earth Intruders: This album underwhelmed me too, but this single was a true return to her pop/dance roots for Bjork. More beats Bjork, please!?
12. Diddy – Last Night: Diddy has been kind of a laughing stock in my book for a while, but this song was a total slam dunk. Keyshia on the hook, and then Lil’ Kim on the remix… reunited and it feels so GOOD!
13. Pink – U + Ur Hand: I thought for sure her last album was dead in the water, and then radio picked up this song, and Pink’s career was resuscitated. Cuz who can’t relate to a sassy kiss-off song!?
14. Gym Class Heroes – Clothes Off!: I’m a sucker for a good 80’s sample. And a fun party song.
15. Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Catch You: This lady makes music that someone how is classy, yet still makes you want to dance. Welcome back, dear!
16. Maroon 5 – Makes Me Wonder: I doubted if they’re return would be successful, then their lead single was upbeat, and hearkened to excellent 80’s pop-rock. And Adam is cute. Good combo!
17. Keyshia Cole with Missy Elliott & Lil’ Kim – Let It Go: As if the team-up of these 3 couldn’t be great enough, the song is based around a BIG hook. Hell yeah!!
18. Mason vs. Princess Superstar – Perfect Exceeder: The best mash-ups make the 2 songs sound like they were made for each other. And my ears were made for this single!
19. Tracey Thorn – Grand Canyon: One of the most gorgeous songs of the year. Even the remixes didn’t hurt the song at all. Tracey, everybody loves YOU here!
20. Armand Van Helden with Fat Joe – Touch Your Toes: Wouldn’t expect Fat Joe to pop up on a dance song. Wouldn’t expect to love a song this repetitive. Skip the radio edit and go straight for the LP version!
Lil’ Mama – Lip Gloss, Fall Out Boy – Thnks fr the mmrs, Common & Lily Allen – Drivin’ Me Wild, Nelly Furtado – Do It, The Gossip – Listen Up, JoJo – Anything, Kelly Rowland – Like This, Lily Allen – LDN, Joss Stone – Put Your Hands On Me