August 31, 2006
Posted by toonsntunes under muzak
Update 9/7/06: Guessing is closed and a new one is on the way!!
The Rules (in case you want to do it too!)
Step 1: Put your iPod/MP3 player or iTunes on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post it on your blog and let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly & post the title in bold after the stricken song.
Step 5: Looking the lyrics up on Google or any other search engine is cheating! Please play nice!
Also, if you know the song – leave your guess in a comment, if you are right, I will post your name (or link if you prefer). Have fun!
“how can I explain when there are few words I can choose how can I explain when words get broken do you remember there was a time when people on the street were walking hand in hand in hand they used to talk about the weather making plans together days would last forever” Chains of Love – Erasure ***EddieZ
2. “I want you to remember first kiss you ever had when our lips met together I knew that was that I’m still standing keeping you dancing yeah you know you want it I’m still going making the party blow the way you like it do you wanna hear me sing pop cause I don’t think I wanna stop & I love it when my beats drop”Still Standing – Kylie Minogue
“every single day I walk down the street I hear people say baby’s so sweet ever since puberty everybody stares at me boys girls I can’t help it baby so be kind & don’t lose your mind just remember that I’m your baby take me for what I am who I was meant to be & if you give a damn” Take Me Or Leave Me – RENT OBCR ***ShannonH
“weren’t you the one who said that you don’t want me anymore & how you need the space & give the keys back to your door & how I cried & tried & tried to make you stay with me & still you said the love the was gone & that I had to leave” Karma – Alicia Keys ***Ryan
“we live on a mountain right at the top there’s a beautiful view from the top of the mountain every morning I walk towards the edge & throw little things off like car-parts bottles & cutlery or whatever I find lying around it’s become a habit a way to start the day” Hyper-ballad – Bjork ***ShannonH
6. “everybody wants me to be their angel everybody wants something they can cradle they don’t know I burn maybe there’s a devil inside maybe there’s a devil inside of me maybe there’s a devil somewhere really deep inside me devil inside of me jealous angel deep inside me” Devil Inside – Utada
“sometimes somebody can bring you down so far below anywhere you’ve gone sometimes somebody can bring you down so far below anywhere you know so much so fast feels like you can’t take the pain but remember there’s no going back something’s so broken down busted & underground but here’s your chance to surrender thanks to you” Nervous Breakthrough – Luscious Jackson ***ShannonH
8. “And you know you’re gonna lie to you in your own way & you know you’re gonna lie to you in your own way & I lie some other day you do & you say girl know too well know the chill know she breaks my siren know teenage flesh know the chill know she breaks” Siren – Tori Amos (can’t believe Shanty missed this one!!)
“I heard that you were talking shit & you didn’t think that I would hear it people hear you talking like that getting everybody fired up so I’m ready to attack gonna lead the pack gonna get a touchdown gonna take you out that’s right put your pom-poms down getting everybody fired up” Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani ***ShannonH
“it’s a little bit funny this feeling inside I’m not one of those who can easily hide I dont have much money but boy if I did I’d buy a big house where we both could live if I was a sculptor but then again no or a man who makes potions in a traveling show I know its not much but its the best I can do” Your Song – Elton John ***ShannonH
“come on shake your body baby do the conga I know you can’t control yourself any longer feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger don’t you fight it til you tried it do that conga beat everbody gather round now let your body feel the heat don’t you worry if you cant dance let the music move your feet” Conga – Miami Sound Machine ***EddieZ
songtitle so don’t forget it it’s just a silly phase i’m going through & just because I call you up don’t get me wrong don’t think you’ve got it made songtitle no no it’s because… I like to see you but then again that doesn’t mean you mean that much to me”
13. “I got the magic stick I know if I can hit once I can hit twice I hit the baddest chicks shorty don’t believe me then come with me tonight & I’ll show you magic stick what what magic stick I got the magic stick I’m a freak to the core get a dose once you gon’ want some more my tongue touch ya girl ya toes bound to curl this exclusive shit I don’t share with the world I have you up early in the mornin moanin” The Magic Stick – Lil’ Kim & 50 Cent
“it doesn’t mean much it doesn’t mean anything at all the life I’ve left behind me is a cold room I’ve crossed the last line from where I can’t return where every step I took in faith betrayed me & led me from my home” Sweet Surrender – Sarah McLachlan ***ShannonH
“when I was very young nothing really mattered to me but making myself happy I was the only one now that I am grown everythings changed I’ll never be the same because of you nothing really matters love is all we need everything I give you all comes back to me” Nothing Really Matters – Madonna ***ShannonH
16. “I backed my car into a cop car the other day well he just drove off sometimes life’s ok I ran my mouth off a bit too much oh what can i say well you just laughed it off it was all ok & we’ll all float on ok” Float On – Modest Mouse
“you can’t afford no ring you can’t afford no ring I shouldn’t be wearing white and you can’t afford no ring you finally took my hand you finally took my hand it took a nip of gin but you finally took my hand” White Trash Wedding – Dixie Chicks ***Phillip
“I don’t believe you know me although you know my name I don’t believe the faults I have are only mine to blame I don’t believe that magic is only in my mind I don’t believe I’d love somebody just to pass the time” I Believe In You – Kylie Minogue ***Ryan
“you are subtle as a window pane standing in my view but I will wait for it to rain so that I can see you you call me up at night when theres no light passing through & you think that I dont understand but I do” Anticipate – Ani DiFranco ***ShannonH
“oh when you walk by every night talking sweet and looking fine I get kinda hectic inside baby I’m so into you darling if you only knew all the things that flow through my mind but it’s just a sweet sweet fantasy baby when i close my eyes you come and you take me” Fantasy – Mariah Carey ***Ryan
August 31, 2006
Posted by toonsntunes under muzak
Leave a Comment
1. Dannii Minogue – Love Fight (TDM Radio Mix) (Love Fight) – Kylie’s sister has recently released her greatest hits/new album. Dannii hasn’t had enough BIG hits to justify a full greatest hits album, and apparently didn’t write enough new songs for a full new album, so she threw em all together and released “The Hits & Beyond”, backed with a DVD of all her videos, which means, it’ll never get released in the US. I’ve only DL’d a few of the new tracks, and ‘Love Fight’ stands out as one of the best songs she’s recorded EVER. And here’s the first leaked remix. Not bad.
2. Fatboy Slim ft Lateef – Wonderful Night (Palookaville) – This is a bit of an oldie at this point, but whatev. From Fatboy’s last album, this song was featured in a Target commercial and in the background of countless TV shows and movies, but I was never able to find out what the song was until a few months back. It’s a great party track, and the rap is pretty good. Enjoy!!
3. Panic! At The Disco – I Write Sins Not Tragedies (acoustic) (iTunes Live) – The little emo band of the moment, that’s been all over the radio lately, pulled the plugs out for iTunes recently and recorded a few tracks. This is a great song, and it still works when it’s not as noisy. So this is what they sound like when they go more in the rock direction… what happens when they go more in the dance direction?
4. Kylie Minogue ft Ludacris – Chocolate (Rap Version) (Chocolate) – Another treat from Danni’s sister, with smaller boobs and a better voice. Few years back, Kylie went in a more urban direction on “Body Language”, so her record company wanted to get as much mileage out of the old girl as they could, so they really wanted one of the track to include a rent-a-rapper, a requirement for most songs to get airplay, especially in the US. They even went so far as to get Ludacris to record a rap to be used on ‘Chocolate’, but Kylie was having none of it. The album version included just Kylie, with a few words dropped here or there by an unnamed male voice in the mix. Turns out it was some samples of Ludacris, and the rap version just leaked, it really doesn’t help or hurt the track… it’s just there. Check it out!
August 30, 2006
Posted by toonsntunes under comic books
OK… so All-Star Superman and X-Men were only pushed back a week, so not so bad, this should a be a decent week, not too heavy, not too light.
All-Star Superman #5 – If it weren’t for the art, I wouldn’t be paying attention to this series. The story is decent, but the barely bi-monthly shipping schedule makes the barely-there plotline very hard to follow. However Frank Quitely is a genius with a pencil, and I can’t stop looking at his drawings. So I guess that’s why this book is popular.
Black Panther #19 – OK, so not one month after Black Panther marries Storm, and she’s not even on the cover of this issue, or any of the ones following it? That’s bullshit. She is practically THE most popular female character in all of Marvel comics, and now she’s reduced to playing a background character for the Black Panther (who’s on his 3rd series in danger of being canned)? And they don’t even get a proper honeymoon, but a “diplomatic world tour” that starts in Latveria, hosted by Dr. Doom, who just got back from Hell? Hopefully the pending Civil War tie-in issues will keep this book afloat, if not, the “Wedding of the Century” better be followed by the Divorce of the Century!
Cable & Deadpool #31 – Part 2 of the Civil War tie-in issues. Deadpool is working for Iron Man, and Cable is siding with the resistance, running 2 countries, and he’s about to re-join the X-Men, I’m confused, how about you?
Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #2 – So both teams have met up, sort of fought and now their robot members are malfunctioning. Not as good as either teams’ actual books, but still a good read with decent art.
Ultimate X-Men Annual #2 – Is that Ultimate Dazzler making out with Ultimate Nightcrawler?! For a guy who doesn’t get much play in the regular Marvel Universe, he’s a total pimp in alternate realities.
X-Factor #10 – This starts the 3-issue arc that should tie up year one for the new X-factor pretty nicely. I’ll admit the Singularity Investigations plotline has not thrilled me, but I’m still interested in how it turns out and what they get into next!
X-Men #190 – Just LOOK at the cover. Iceman & Mystique… making out!? The art on the X-Men is incredible now, and the storytelling surprising and intriquing, 2 things that have been lacking for almost a year for this title. Northstar and Aurora are about to attack the X-Mansion. How much trouble can a mind-controlled mutant ‘mo and his mind-controlled mental mutant sister do? Let’s find out together, shall we?
I’ve been going trade papaerback crazy lately, so the only other thing I’m picking up this week is Wizard, in an attempt to try and get a few “real” books read over the next few weeks. We’ll see if that happens!
August 29, 2006
Posted by toonsntunes under day in day out
I’m back bitches, well, sort of!
Sorry I haven’t updated in almost a week, but it’s been crazy. I was supposed to have a brief vacation from work starting last Wednesday, but was planning to make a few posts from home while I was away from the office. Well, the 1 time I tried to post from home, my crappy home PC deleted what I wrote without posting it. Then, from Friday on I have been sick with a nasty cold. Who the hell catches “cold” in August, I dunno, but it was me. So I’ve been couch-bound for 4 days, and have just gotten back in the office today. I don’t know if I’m gonna make it a full day, but figured I would at least post something for the faithful.
Here is what I have done for the past 4 days:
Watched: 3 discs of X-Men Evolution Season 1, 4 discs of Sex And the City, In Her Shoes, Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Spider-Man 2, V For Vendetta, Mysterious Skin, Scary Movie 3, Waiting, Dawn of the Dead, The Birdcage, Madonna:I’m Going To Tell You A Secret, Kylie: Showgirl, 1 episode of Big Brother, plus tons of dvd bonus materials.
Ate: pizza, ice cream, pop-ice, mrs. field’s cookies (thanks Shannon!), only one bowl of chicken soup – why? because i hate it!!, wonton soup, lo mein, chicken pot pie, 1 boca burger, cheese and crackers
Drank: everything non-alcoholic in the house
Read: Emma Frost Digest 2 & 3, Walking Dead TPB Vol. 4, my pull list from last week, the last issue of Blender, Cable & The New Mutants TPB, a couple chapters of Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
Re-organized: our dvd collection and our cd collection
I have also thrown used tissues all over the house, most of which have been recovered; probably gave whatever illness I had to both my BF and my BFF; bonded with the new kitten even more; grown a strong disliking for Verizon, since our phone has not been working for most of the weekend, furthering my sick isolation; and severely neglected the blog.
So as I catch up with work and real life, I’ll catch up with the blog too!! So thanks for stopping by again, and regular posts will resume in the next day or so!
And here’s a dance classic to show my enthusiasm in being able to leave the house again!!
(Kristine W – Land Of The Living)
August 22, 2006
Posted by toonsntunes under muzak
Leave a Comment
1. Beyonce – Deja Vu (Junior Vasquez QB Edit) (Deja Vu promo) – Ok, so we know I’m all over this record, and now the remixes have surfaced. They all suck. Except this one. An unofficial one from Junior, that takes a bit of Alcatraz’ ‘Giv Me Luv’, and works Beyonce out. AN i trimmed it down to work better on your iPod. Enjoy!
2. Rinocerose – Cubicle (edit) (promo) – Some new (ish) dirty dancey electro rock. I’ve had it on my iPod for a while and a few weeks ago is just came on, and I was like, DAMN what is THAT!? See if you like it too!
3. Tony Cha Cha – Slut (promo) – I am a sucker for any kind of dirty song with naughty words, and here’s a new one. Lil’ Kim has written dirtier songs, but this bitch sings about a party in her pants, and doesn’t everybody love those?
4. Nelly Furtado – Try (Sweetwesty Remix) (Try) – So somehow the remixes for Nelly’s 2nd single from the Follore album never surfaced until recently. Here’s a more chilled out remix by the Kronos Quartet that worth listening to when you’re feeling blue, and don’t want to change.
August 22, 2006
Posted by toonsntunes under comic books
An update on delays… apparently they’re the biggest thing going in comics right now. Wonder Woman #2 is allegedly shipping this week, after a month of delays, and not shiping last week. And now add X-Men #190 delayed until next week, All-Star Superman delayed until ??, and half of the Civil War related books delayed until September/October. This sucks hardcore, but hopefully it means better quality, so here’s what I’m buying this week:
Astonishing X-Men #16 – Kitty Pryde is about to kick some Hellfire Club ass. Hopefully, or else she’ll get her ass handed to her like the rest of the team last issue. Plus, is Emma really aligned with the new Hellfire Club? Is she being telepathically manipulated? Or is she as big a C-U-Next-Tuesday as she used to be? What does this mean for the rest of the X-Men & X-titles. If she really is bad again, doesn’t that totally fuck up continuity across the board? Either way, it’s what she gets for fucking Iron Man in the 80’s.
Eternals #3 – I’m pretty sure Neil Gaiman could take a crap on a piece of paper, and I would read it, and find it fascinating. This series has been great so far, and even the art, is surprisingly satisfying. What happens when a bunch of VIPs are kidnapped by enigmatic bad guys? OOOOOhhhhh…
Heroes For Hire #1 – A new Civil War tie-in, that will hopefully come out on time. Apparently a team of mercenarys, etc. hired by Iron Man to chase down Captain America and his underground rebellion. A bunch of characters we haven’t seen in a while, but I’m pretty sure Captain America and Luke Cage could lay a pretty smackdown on the Black Cat and Silver Sable, so hopefully they have some heavier hitters then them!
New Avengers #23 – What’s Spider-Woman’s take on the Civil War? She’s basically a triple agent now, working 3 sides of a situation, so how do these events F up her life even more? Plus art from Olivier Coipel of the House of M. Yay!
Wolverine #45 – Wolvie finally tracks down Nitro, and is keeping the pimp hand strong, when who shows up, but Namor. I don’t know if Wolvie and the Sub-Mariner have ever interacted before, but I’m eager to see what happens when 2 of Marvel’s most stubborn bastards have to decide the fate of the asshole who started the Civil War.
And since a crapload of stuff got delayed, I’m picking up the 2nd & 3rd Emma Frost digests (that talk about how she grew up to become the White Queen) and the 4th Walking Dead trad paperback, because I’m ALL about the zombies now!!
August 18, 2006
Posted by toonsntunes under muzak
It’s been a long week here, there, and everywhere.
So if your so inclined, here’s 2 tracks to get your weekend started right.
First up, a CLASSIC house track from Alcatraz: Giv Me Luv. Jesus, this song is incredible. The radio edit doesn’t give you the full scope of the peaks and valleys this song hits, all the while rocking a slick house beat, but it’s still great for the iPod, I’ve heard just about every DJ rock this song at one time or another, it just got some new remixes a few years back, and Junior just extrapolated it in his remix of Beyonce’s “Deja Vu”. Listen to it and love it, bitches!
(Alcatraz – Giv Me Luv (Radio Mix))
And also, a track from the Japan’s awesomest export to America that never caught on. Utada released her English language debut here in 2004, dropped some awesome dance mixes, and then her record company forgot all about her. Shame shame shame!! Her voice is awesome, and the guitar in this mix, to quote Vinnie on “Project Runway” “really gets me off”. Enjoy!!
(Utada – Devil Inside (Richard ‘Humpty’ Vission Radio Mix))
And for some fly dance moves… check out my worst club nightmare
Next Page »