Why the crap do I have “there’s no place like home for the holidays” stuck in my head in the middle of a hot ass day in July?
July 28, 2006
July 28, 2006
i’m sucked into another season of Big Brother… realization while surfing the net:
Christina Aguilera vs. Janelle from Big Brother 6 & All-Stars.
July 27, 2006
Well, today is the day! I have made it to:
Since I first started up my blog on June 5th, 2006, I have had 1,000 hits. So far!
Thanks to the people who chek regularly and give me feedback. Thanks to the people who just took a peek. Let me know if there’s anything I should do different or whatever.
I’m gonna go celebrate with a smoke and a candy bar! Hooray!!
July 27, 2006
1. Deja-Vu – Beyonce (B’Day) – Ok, so I make fun of Beyonce… a little… the weave, the ugly boyfriend, the album named after a toilet that cleans out your hoo-ha; but damn if that girl didn’t drop a hot record. Upbeat R & B, a party record, and her voice is killin’ it without overkill.
2. Waiting For The World To Change – John Mayer (Continuum) – Okay. I have an inner hippie. I went to Lilith Fair, I enjoy acoustic guitars, I hate wearing shoes, I hate shaving. If my inner hippie were a real person, it would be John Mayer. The man has brilliant lyrics, and can make some dynamite music. Soulful, not too hard, not too soft… I can’t wait to hear the rest of the album.
3. Weekend – Janet (leaked) – Okay. So i heard this a while ago and hated it. Then I realized what it was. It’s a grower, not a shower. Janet has never has the strongest vocals, and this track doesn’t disprove that, however the track they’re laid down on is like crumping on a space station. If you can imagine one of Janet’s hot dance routines going on with this song, then you’re able to forgive her for her tissue paper thin vocals. I’m still nervous about the album, though this won’t be on it. It was leaked through her website for like.. a day, then removed after a bunch of negative feedback.
4. Beecharmer – Nellie McKay & Cyndi Lauper (Pretty Little Head) – Columbia Records are assholes. They tried to flex too much muscle with this girl’s creativity, and sadly, her second album is likely to not be released. I’ve had mad respect for Nellie since her first album, “Get Away From Me”, a direct insult to Whore-ah Jones’ “Come Away With Me”. She has an incredible dry wit and just finished the Broadway run of “Threepenny Opera” with none other then Cyndi Lauper, who appears on this duet. Cyndi Fucking Lauper. One of the greatest performers living or dead. But it’s a fucking crime that this song is not going to be released.
5. Hand On Your Heart – Jose Gonzalez (Hand On Your Heart) – We all know I love Kylie, even some of her scarier 80’s moment. Well one of her most cringe-worthy 80’s ditties has been reworked into an inspired guitar ballad. Who knew!?
July 26, 2006
I’m starting to look like a total Civil War junkie… but the story is hot, and I’m totally sucked in… oh well
Amazing Spider-Man #534 – It looks like Civil War could have some strong overall changes for the webhead. New costume, outted to the world as a superhero. Allegedly, Spider-Man is going to change sides on the Registration debate, so it’ll be interesting to see if there was truth to that rumor.
Civil War: Front Line #4 – This one keeps chugging along. Who knew people would ever feel sorry for Speedball!? He’s kind of a goofy almost dimwit level chracter, but his story in this book really fleshes out a strong character.
Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways #1 – The Civil War tie-in focusing on Marvel’s two hot teen groups. The Young Avengers are teens from NYC who are basically a younger version of the Avengers without actually being there kids (sort of). The Runaways are an LA based group who started up when they found out they were the children of super-villains who ran crime in LA. I’m excited to see how the teams react, plus this is the only way to see the Young Avengers monthly, since their book is on a temporary hiatus while the writer whores himself out to DC to write the new Wonder Woman series.
New Avengers #22 – It’s thrilling to see this team being torn apart by the Civil War. Who is siding with Cap and who is siding with Iron Man!? Let’s find out together!
Storm #6 – The ending to the origin story of Storm that revealed that back in her thief days, Storm met and fell for the Black Panther, when he was just a lad too. He popped her cherry last issue, and this one has the big fight seen with some mean hunter/jerky type guys. Wedding next month kids.
Wolverine #44 – Wolvie continues to chase down Nitro, to bring him to justice for blowing up half the town of Stamford Connecticut, and therfore igniting the whole Civil War/Superhero Registration Act business. Last issue we saw Nitro burn Wolvie to a metal skeleton, then saw him almost fully healed a few pages later. That’s taking the healing factor a little too far, I think.
X-Men #189 – I could get used to the 2 main X-books being biweekly. Rogue’s new team should finish developing this issue, then I imagine they’re gonna high-tail it to Mexico to find out why some new bad guys blew up a town and blamed it on the X-Men.
Luckily, some books got delayed this week, so it’ll be a little easier on the pocketbook.
July 26, 2006
So I have a confession to make. To those of you who have known me for years, it’s probably not a surprise, but maybe some of my newer friends and acquaintances and blog readers don’ know this.
I USED TO HAVE THE BIGGEST F-ING CRUSH ON LANCE BASS!!!
That’s right kids, Lance is officially out of the closet, as the Friday July 28, 2006’s “People” magazine reveals. Gay. GAY! Sadly, my crush, as they are wont to do, has waned over the years. I settled down, got engaged, and stopped pining away for celebrities, and focused my attentions on a man I see everyday. However, about 6 years ago, I was like a 12 year old girl in a 20 year old male body. Posters on the wall, all their cd’s, I even dragged my BFF to the opening weekend of Lance’s cinematic triumph:
He was, and still is really, so dreamy. That vacant expression, those dreamboat eyes, and somehing there to set off my gaydar. Some people were all about Justin or JC, no one was ever into Joey Fat-One, or the tard with the fake dreadlocks, but me, myself, and I? I was all about some Lance. I was even fortunate enough to have floor seats to their first major arena tour of the US, and wouldn’t you know it, he “flew” (on wires) right over my seat. Perhaps to sprinkle fairy dust on my lust filled heart. Unfortunately, between my own personal maturing, and him toppling out of the spotlight; my feelings have mellowed with age. However, I do remember a time, where his coming out, would have resulted in me basically stalking him.
So why now? And who cares? My BFF and I were chatting this morning when the news came out (no pun intended) as to why Lance’s coming out would result in a cover story on “People”. He’s basically a C-List celebrity now, and his failed attempt in outer space travel is really the last time anyone’s really heard about him. However, he was a member of one of the greatest boy bands ever, so he’ll probably always be, at least a little bit, famous. Plus, celebrities don’t come out anymore. They’re either gay from the start, or closeted for forever. Sure some dy-cons came out several years ago (Ellen, Melissa, Rosie), but guys just don’t do it in America. I guess Lance is at a point where coming out would no longer put his career, or those of his Nsync buddies, on the line (pun intended).
In closing, congratulations Lance. You did a brave thing. And you’re boyfriend is HOT! I guess since I was no longer available, Reichen from “The Amazing Race” is a worthy substitute.
July 26, 2006
So my office building was all a-twitter this morning as something, less than corporate was found growing on our property. Our grounds are currently all awry because we are in construction os a second building for our offices to expand. Well somewhere on the property a special plant was found. A medium sized marijuana plant. Oh my!!
Now, my days of puff puff give are behind me, but I felt sympathy pains for all my friends who would LOVE to have made a discovery like that. Several jokes were made by stuffy old men about what we should do with it, and as I type this, I’m sure it’s in the dumpster right now. At least there was a little hump day excitement, God knows it’s been a dull week otherwise.